Google

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Presidential debates to be spoken in spanish.

In another let down by the politicos running for the office of the President of the United State of "America", the spanish network Univision plans to make its own history by airing the first U.S. presidential debates in Spanish Sept. 9 and 16 in Miami with a few candidates agreeing to attend. And in the right corner wearing the "RED" trunks we have John McCain, he comes in with no wins, 2 losses and a consistent 3rd in the polls. John McCain, as of the latest press release from the time of this writing (8-08-07; 12.45 a.m.), is the only republican to commit to the all spanish language debate. Not a very smart move in a positive direction for someone who, by the general consensus, has no chance of winning the office. On the Democratic side, only New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd have agreed to appear at the Univisión debate. Neither of these two are showing strong standings in the polls which would in no way sway the decision of the American voters. It would though only have a negative impact on their campaign. Why would any true Red Blooded American hurt their chances by doing these debates. This is America, the same piece of land where our fore-fathers generations before us fought and died, to give us freedom and liberty. The same piece of land in which we fought the mexican army during the battle of the Alamo and also San Jacinto. The politicians are simply just handing it back to them, again at the cost of the American people. I will not vote for any of the candidates with whom attend the debates. I do not see this as an opportunity for any of the candidates to reach out to the hispanic community, to me it is an act of treason. This is AMERICA not Meximerica, and while I am on the subject, this in not Africamerica either. Now I am not saying that we should not be proud of our heritages, America is very diverse in culture, I am simply saying if you're an American citizen you are an American. If you are here illegally, gain legal status, the legal way. I know how this country was founded. I know that our ancestors were immigrants as well. The path to legal citizenship was different then from what it is now. I am sure the Native Indians felt the same way we are feeling now. And not to exclude the now generation of American Indians, I am sure that they still have a grudge against the white man. If you want the debates being held on Univision to be spoken in spanish then maybe you might consider voting in the next Mexican Presidential election, I am sure that Felipe Calderón would appreciate your vote. Just make sure your Mexican citizenship is of the illegal status. Before I go, I have one otherthing I would like to say " GOD BLESS AMERICA", and if that makes you mad, oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Why should the debates have to be televised in spanish at all, I believe that when you come to America you should be required to know the english language before you can become a citizen. I could never understand how someone who could not speak english, could possibly even read english, therefore, how could they vote? If they are unable to speak or read the english language, then how can they tell who they are voting for? In any case, I agree with you, God Bless America!

Anonymous said...

I strongly agree. This is America and we speak English. Why do we Americans always have to change our ways for others? I was born in the U.S., as my parents and their parents, but if I go far enough bad I will find that I am German and Irish. Does that make me "GermanAmerican"? or "IrishAmerican"? What's that saying, If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.....well..if you don't want to be An American get out.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, that is one of the best blogs that I have read in awhile. I totally agree, I am so tired of us Americans having to bend over backwards to make these others feel apart of America. I feel like they should learn to speak the English language, and how about the email I have seen where in California they hung the Mexican flag above the upside down American flag. They should have been arrested for that. They all want to come to America but they have no respect for Americans, i think that it is time that America taught them to respect us by shipping them all back to the countries that they came from. And if they want to live here, then they should still have to do like they did years ago when they all came through at Ellis Island. Back in those days immigrants were so proud to be in America and to become American Citizens, because they respected America and all that it stood for, and that is all gone now days.

Powered By Blogger